Education Benefits

Employee Tuition Assistance

After you have completed your probationary period, you can apply for the educational assistance program. The percentage of your tuition costs that you’re eligible for will depend on your employment status:

  • Full-time employees: 100% reimbursement
  • Part-time employees: 50% reimbursement 


  • The maximum reimbursement per fiscal year (July 1–June 30) is $5,000. 
  • To qualify for reimbursement, courses must be taken for credit at an accredited college or university.

Access the application: Go to your page > Employee Self Service.


 Dependent Child Tuition Assistance

If you’re a full-time employee (scheduled to work 36 hours or more per week) with four years of continuous full-time service, your dependent children can receive tuition assistance if your dependent is:

  • Under age 26 at the beginning of the academic period for which assistance is being requested,
  • Enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university and 
  • In good academic standing

If eligible, you receive a taxable payment for 50% of the tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees up to a maximum of 50% of The Johns Hopkins University’s freshman undergraduate tuition. Payment is limited to four academic years of full-time undergraduate study per dependent child at an accredited, degree-granting institution. Assistance combined with grants, scholarships, awards, employer benefits, etc. (excluding loans) may not exceed 100% of the tuition and eligible mandatory fees. 

The following expenses are not eligible for reimbursement:

  • Tuition expenses at accredited institutions that do not offer degrees, but instead issue diplomas or certificates 
  • Room and board
  • Books
  • Part-time and graduate study 

Assistance is available for mini-sessions and summer courses only if:

  • The courses will count toward a degree
  • The dependent child is a full-time student who participated in the Dependent Tuition Assistance Program for a previous fall or spring semester
  • The student has not received the maximum benefit allowance for the fiscal year